Quit smoking but Alcohol in moderation - the universal recommendation!
But a party night/ a farewell party - every one wants to enjoy a few extra ones.
Strictly advocating to stay within one's tolerance limits, here are a few tips for ensuring that you remain in control.Pre-requisites (before the session):
1. Do not start drinking on empty stomach just bcoz there will lots of eats later on, with the drinks. Alcohol is absorbed faster on empty stomach and your first drink may hit you like sledge hammer.
2. Eat some cheese (either 2-3 cubes/ slices) within an hour prior to the party time - cheese delays/ slows absorption and your 1st drink will not be absorbed 100%.During session:
1. Avoid shots - either take diluted drinks or for Single Malt enthusiasts learn to take tiny sips - trick is to make the drink last longer than it would usually last
2. Avoid mixing drinks - a cocktail is fine but taking 2 drinks of whisky, then few of vodka and top it up with few beers is inviting trouble
3. Don't enter any competition of downing more drinks in a short time
4. Ensure that throughout drinking session you will keep eating - not nibbling but heart ful bites
5. Decide (before the party begins) that whenever you feel you have eaten enough; is the time to STOP drinking as well.
6. Top up your evening (or night) with a generous serving of ice cream.
7. Have at least one friend who can insist that you STOP!!!
8. Despite all this, DO NOT DRIVE or sit in a vehicle when some one else who has taken more than 2 beers (or drinks) is driving.
N-joy but drink in MODERATION!
After all you have to keep enjoying all your life!!!